Walmart and Sam’s Club have been providing community grants for years now and their latest grant application process is coming to an end. If you have heard of this and would like to apply you still have a few weeks! This grant covers a broad range of public and private organizations:
The following organizations are eligible to seek funding from the Walmart Store and Sam’s Club Giving Programs:
- Organizations with current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), (4), (6), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code and must be listed in the most current IRS 50 State Master File at the time of application.
- Recognized government entities: State, County and City agencies, including law enforcement and fire departments.
- Volunteer Fire Departments with current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; or that operate as an entity of a recognized government agency, as demonstrated by primary funding and documented by a letter from that agency.
- K-12 Public Schools/Districts, Charter Schools, Community/Junior Colleges, State Colleges and Universities.
- Private schools and colleges with current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Churches and other faith based organizations with propose projects that address and benefit the needs of the community at large. Examples of such projects include:
- Food Banks
- Job Skills Training